SCP announces dates for Youth Academy winter sessions
South Central Premier is pleased to announce our dates for our Youth Academy winter sessions for 2016-17.
Our Youth Academy is for serious soccer players aged between 5 and 9 are encouraged to train HARDER, BETTER, FASTER and STRONGER!
Join SCP Youth Academy DirectorNate Roberts and Youth Academy Coaches this winter for a soccer experience designed to fuse a passion for the beautiful game along with the skills needed to lead teams.
"At SCP we recognize the importance of role models and how they have the power to effect healthy, positive development. We aim to inspire, motivate and harness the benefits of positive coaching whilst combining distinct communication skills that empower individuals to listen, learn and lead." - Nate Roberts
The SCP Youth Academy program is available to children ages 5-9. We offer an introduction to foot skills, team training and small sided game play. The philosophy for the SCP Youth Academy will emphasize individual technique and comfort with the ball.
++NEW THIS WINTER - IN-HOUSE LEAGUES++
This winter we intend to place players on to a small sided teams. Our in-house leagues will see players compete each week in a Premier League style competition resulting in a championship play-off at the end of the program. Coaches will referee, keep score and note MVP's during each game. After players are placed on a team they will be able to work on:
Teamwork, bonding and communication
Understanding structured positions and formations
Rules of the game
Each 90 minute session will feature three core elements:
· Warm Up (15 minutes) - Group invasion games designed to prepare players both physically and mentally
· Skill Zone (45 minutes) - Players will be split up and placed in to age/ability appropriate groups in order to focus on weekly topic
· Game Play (30 minutes) - Players will be encouraged to play with creativity and to captain small sided teams in a tournament style league each week
Weekly topics will include:
· Dribbling and ball control
· 1v1 Escape moves/ attack moves to beat a player
· Passing and Receiving
· Turning and changing direction
SCP Youth Academy training sessions start at 5.30pm - 7pm and will be held indoors at the Fieldhouse at CT Sportsplex.
150 Foxon Road, North Branford, CT 06471.
SCP Youth Academy offers an 8 week indoor season starting on Monday November 21st
Starting Monday 21st from 5.30-7pm
Tuition fee is $270* per player and will include:
· 8 SCP training sessions (12 hours of coaching)
· SCP T-shirt
· Weekly MVP awards
· Online ESP Packet (Educating Soccer Parents) including tutorial videos. A soccer coaching guide for parents that wish to take a more active role in their child's soccer development.
CT Sportsplex has partnered with the South Central Premier Soccer Club as our official home. This beautiful 25 acre site is located at 150 Foxon Rd. North Branford, CT. and houses 4 new turf soccer fields with lights and a 75,000 square foot indoor training dome that can accomodate up to 4 fields. The complex is used year round and hosts all of SCP practice and training sessions, home games, and hosts tournaments.